Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In



If you need to relocate to the Netherlands to take up employment at Eurojust, our Host State Relations team can support you with some of the practical and administrative aspects of your move.

The Host State Relations team can be contacted at

The Host State Relations team provides a range of services to assist you upon your arrival in the Netherlands, including:

  • Support with opening a bank account in The Netherlands;
  • Advice on housing, utilities, parking permits, schools and day care establishments;
  • Guidance on healthcare in the Netherlands;
  • Links to expat services and relocation companies;
  • Registration and deregistration of you and your family members with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
  • Applications for MFA ID cards, BSN and advice on privileges and immunities;
  • Registration and deregistration of your vehicle and exchange of your driving license;
  • Assistance with requesting fuel cards with Forax and Diplomatic Card.

If you are considering moving to the Hague, the following links may be helpful:

Notice for applicants who are currently insured under the Dutch Social Security scheme

Please note that if you are currently insured under the Dutch Social Security system, you will be excluded from this system as a staff member of Eurojust. You will be insured under the social security scheme of Eurojust. This also applies to your dependants, unless they are employed under a Dutch employer, self-employed in the Netherlands or receive a Dutch social security cash benefit.

For further information about the possible consequences of joining Eurojust in this respect, including exclusion from the ‘Wet Langdurige Zorg’ and ‘Zorgverzekeringswet’ coverage, please see the website of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment Ik val onder de regeling van de internationale organisatie waarvoor ik werk. Wat betekent dit voor mijn sociale zekerheid?