Justice and Home Affairs (JHA) agencies’ network
The JHA network has an important role to play in Europe. Its work helps ensure that the EU is well equipped to deal with security, justice, fundamental rights and gender equality.
The agencies work on a wide range of important areas, including migration and border management, drug trafficking and combating organised crime, human trafficking and gender equality. Since these areas have a lot in common, the network was established to make use of the synergies and share information.
The network includes nine agencies: CEPOL, EASO, EIGE, EMCDDA, eu-LISA, Eurojust, Europol, FRA and Frontex. The JHA agencies take turns in chairing the network. EIGE is the chair in 2018.
The JHA agencies report jointly to the Council’s Standing Committee on Operational Cooperation on Internal Security (COSI) regarding the network’s progress and achievements. In line with this requirement, a formal report, to be endorsed by the Heads of the JHA agencies in November in Vilnius,will be presented to COSI by the end of the year.
See JHA Agencies' brochure (2018).
Digitalisation under the spotlight
In addition to a wide range of ongoing joint projects, EIGE brought digitalisation to the network’s agenda this year. JHA agencies will take a closer look at how digitalisation affects women and men in their respective areas of activity. A specific focus will be given to minors in the digital world.
Key meetings in 2018
- 22-23 November 2018: Heads of JHA agencies’ meeting
(see press release of November 2017 meeting)
- 8 October: Prevention of sexual harassment: experience sharing among HR coordinators
- 27-28 September: 3rd JHA network meeting
- 17-18 July: Training meeting (CEPOL)
- 20-21 June: 2nd JHA network meeting
- 19 June: Workshop on digitalisation
- 14 June: Prevention of sexual harassment: experience
sharing among confidential counsellors
- 18 May: Data protection meeting
- 12 April: Workshop on gender statistics
- 1-2 March: 1st JHA network meeting
The JHA agencies work together on a number of products and services.
Click here for examples of this cooperation.