Have you encountered any problems with the JITs Portal? You may find your answers below.
- Which web browsers and devices can I use?
- I cannot create an account.
- I have completed the account registration in the JITs Portal. What is the password to log in?
- I am unable to log in. I forgot my password.
- Who can create an account?
- Can we have an account shared by all parties to the JIT?
- How can I share my application with other JIT parties?
- The export to Word function does not work.
- I have experienced difficulties in attaching supporting documents (JIT agreement, FIF).
- I created an application, but I cannot submit it.
- I cannot access my previously submitted applications.
- How can I save my submitted application?
- I did not save my application when submitting it. What do I do now?
- Can I update the already submitted application?
- If I withdraw my application, do I lose it?
- I missed a call deadline. What do I do with the draft application? Can I submit it later?
- How do I find out about the result of my application (award/rejection)?
- Can I still use the old PDF application form?
- Questions about the content of the application?
- Other issues?
1. Which web browsers and devices can I use?
The JITs Portal is a web-based platform compatible with the most commonly used browsers. However, certain web browsers or old versions might cause some functionality to be limited, downgraded or available only through alternative steps.
For an optimal experience, we recommend, before you start, that you check that you are using one of the following browsers:
Google Chrome (latest versions)
Mozilla Firefox (latest versions)
Internet Explorer (from version 8)
Apple Safari (latest versions)
Please be aware that although the JITs Portal is compatible with mobile devices, the display of information is not optimised for these devices.
If you are not sure which browser to use on your device, please contact your IT administrator.
2. I cannot create an account.
Two reasons why you cannot create your account:
a) Your e-mail address has already been used to register an account in the JITs Portal. You cannot create multiple accounts with the same e-mail address. If you are already registered and you forgot your password, please see question no. 4.
b) Your e-mail address has already been used to register an account for another Eurojust authenticated area (e.g. JITs/Genocide Network Restricted Areas, etc.). If you have not registered an account in the JITs Portal, but have such a previous Eurojust account, please contact the JITs Network Secretariat (JITS@eurojust.europa.eu) for further assistance.
3. I have completed the account registration in the JITs Portal. What is the password to log in?
Upon registration, you should have received an e-mail with your initial password. Please check the inbox of the e-mail account you provided when creating the account (the e-mail might have been identified as spam or junk mail).
The link provided in the e-mail will redirect you to a page where you will be able to log in for the first time. You must set a new password for the use of the service with your first log in.
4. I am unable to log in. I forgot my password.
If you forgot your password, you can reset it via the JITs Portal. Make sure you have filled in the correct e-mail and password. If you have already tried several times, your account might be temporarily locked. In that case, please close your browser, wait a couple of minutes and then try again.
If that action did not succeed, follow these steps:
a) Close the browser and re-open another window.
b) Make sure your user name is the e-mail address you used when registering your account.
c) Copy and paste the password you have received.
d) Click on the ‘eye’ icon to verify that you have the correct password.
5. Who can create an account?
Any representative of the national authority can create an account in the JITs Portal. However, a funding application must be submitted by a JIT leader or JIT member of a Member State (or their representative), duly authorised to submit a funding application on behalf of the JIT. Usually, this person will be the contact person for the JIT during the application procedure.
6. Can we have an account shared by all parties to the JIT?
The account is assigned to a single user. To share a draft application, please see question no. 7.
7. How can I share my application with other JIT parties?
Export the draft to Word. However, please note that you cannot submit an application in Word format; any changes suggested by the other JIT party must be inserted in the draft you created with your account in the JITs Portal.
8. The export to Word function does not work.
Check your browser settings. If pop-ups are blocked, add *.eurojust.europa.eu to your list of allowed/trusted websites. For more details about pop-up blockers, please see the Pop-up blockers guide.
9. I have experienced difficulties in attaching supporting documents (JIT agreement, FIF).
Please note that attachments in the JITs Portal are limited. The files should not exceed in total 30 MB. The JITs Portal only supports the following extensions: .doc, .docx, .odt, .ods, .txt, .rtf, .odp, .bmp, .gif, .xls, .xlsx, .msg, .htm, .html, .ppt, .pptx, .vsd, .pdf, .zip, .rar, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .tif or .tiff. For further questions, please contact JITs@eurojust.europa.eu.
10. I created an application, but I cannot submit it.
Please check that your application is completed, with no warning messages displayed at the top of the application, and that you are submitting it during an open call for proposals. This information (date) is clearly stated at the top of your draft application in the text field mentioning ‘You can submit this application as from: date’. For more information, consult the JITs funding planning available on the Eurojust website.
11. I cannot access my previously submitted applications.
The JITs Portal does not allow you to access the details of previously submitted applications. You can only see the status and reference number of those applications. For saving applications on your computer, please see question no. 12.
12. How can I save my submitted application?
Just after you submit your application (clicking on the ‘Submit’ button), you will be notified of the successful submission, and you will be allowed to download a copy of all the information submitted. If you want to save a read-only copy (PDF) and an editable copy (Word), click ‘Save’ when the message appears. To assure success, please check first that pop-ups are not blocked for Eurojust sites (see question no. 8).
13. I did not save my application when submitting it. What do I do now?
To request a copy of your submitted application, please contact JITs@eurojust.europa.eu.
14. Can I update the already submitted application?
After the application is submitted you will not be able to edit or review it. You may need to withdraw it and submit a new request. You can withdraw a submitted application by clicking on the ‘Withdraw’ button appearing in the section ‘Submitted applications’. Please also note that you can withdraw an application until the decision date of the call in which it was submitted.
15. If I withdraw my application, do I lose it?
Your withdrawn application will be visible with status ‘Withdrawn’, and you will not be able to access/update it.
16. I missed a call deadline. What do I do with the draft application? Can I submit it later?
You can access your draft application for a period of two months. If you miss one call for proposals, you can submit your application within the following call. Please keep in mind that the draft application will be automatically deleted two months after its creation.
17. How do I find out about the result of my application (award/rejection)?
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application by e-mail. However, in the JITs Portal, the status – awarded/rejected – of the submitted application is visible after the relevant award decision date.
18. Can I still use the old PDF application form?
For a transition period (calls 1-5 of 2018), you can use the PDF form. Make sure to use the latest version. However, as of 27 August 2018, applications must be submitted via the JITs Portal and the PDF application form will no longer be available on Eurojust’s website. If you encounter technical problems with the submission of applications via the JITs Portal, please contact JITs@eurojust.europa.eu.
19. Questions about the content of the application?
If you have any questions related to the content of the application (e.g. what kind of information you should provide in particular sections), please refer to the JITs funding guide. If this does not help, please contact the JITs Network Secretariat via e-mail at JITs@eurojust.europa.eu.
20. Other issues?
If none of the answers above have helped you sufficiently, please contact the JITs Network Secretariat by e-mail at JITs@eurojust.europa.eu.