The Genocide Network Secretariat, in its effort to raise awareness on accountability, gathered and translated case work and respective judgements concerning the prosecution by national jurisdiction of EU Members States of core international crimes committed in Syria. By fighting impunity for crimes perpetrated in Syria, EU member States reiterate their commitment to ensuring that the European Union will not be a safe haven for perpetrators of grave international crimes, and that perpetrators will be brought to justice. Those cases are available for download in English.
Please note that the translation has been provided as a courtesy of the Genocide Network Secretariat and Eurojust and is not the official translation of the cases. The judgements are publicly available in their respective jurisdiction and have been anonymised by the Network Secretariat.
- Federal Court of Justice (Germany), 27 July 2017, Case number StR 57/17 (War crime) / National jurisprudence summary
- Scania and Blekinge Court of Appeal (Sweden), Appealed Decision 11 April 2017, Case number B 3187-16 (War crime) / National jurisprudence summary
- Stockholm City Court (Sweden), Appealed Decision February 2017, Case number B 3787-16 (Crime against international law/gross criminal offence) / National jurisprudence summary
- District Court of Kanta-Häme (Finland), Judgment 22 March 2016, Case number R 16/214 (War crime) / National jurisprudence summary
- District Court of Pirkanmaa (Finland), Judgment 18 March 2016, Case number R 16/1304 (War crime) / National jurisprudence summary